May 29, 2011 4 Comments
I got a query on how we can consume the webservice from new Office addin available in Dynamics AX 2012. The answer is explained below.
One would need to stup AIF webservices before consuming it through office addins. You also needs to install Web services on IIS addin from Dynamics AX. steps for for configure webservice are listed below
Procedure: Set Up an Enhanced Inbound Port
To set up an inbound port for entering AIF customers, follow these steps:
1. Go to Administration > Setup > Services and Application
Integration Framework > Inbound ports.
2. Click New.
3. In the Name field, type “ServiceOrders”.
4. In the Description field, type “Service orders”.
5. Click Service operations.
6. Drag the service operations starting with “SMAServiceOrderService”
from Remaining service operations to Selected service operations.
7. Close the Restrict service operations form.
8. On the top of the screen click Activate.
9. Go to http://localhost:8101/DynamicsAx/Services/ServiceOrders to
view the WSDL of the Inbound port that you just activated.
For setting up the Office addin to consume the web service, see my earlier post